Sunday 8 May 2016

Letter from an anti-BDS Arab to a Jewish BDS supporter [and this Jew's BDS response]


A member of my family sent me this open letter to BDS supporting Jews, hoping I might see the error of my ways. It hasn't worked.

It was published last month and written by Fred Maroun who writes a column for the Times of Israel. Looking at his other posts for TOI he clearly likes to target any Jew who has a problem with Israel. Maroun describes himself as a Canadian of Arab origin who grew up in Beirut, supports Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state and wants a liberal and democratic Middle East.

Here's a quote from Maroun's previous thoughts on BDS, a tactic he seems to enjoy misrepresenting:

Not only is the BDS movement anti-Semitic, but since its objective is the destruction of Israel, the killing of Jews, and the return of the remaining Jews to the stateless and precarious status that they had before May 1948, the BDS movement represents an anti-Semitism at par with Hamas, and the worst form of anti-Semitism since Nazi Germany.

Click here to see Maroun's open letter to people like me [with my responses in bold].

No comments:

Post a Comment